MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

The war on cancer

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board The war on cancer

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Naomi

Okay Tahoe I got 200 What did you get?????
    Fun—took a bit to get it oging
    Naomi

Terri

So Tah where is your HGB at, you may want to take some stock in some of the stuff John talks about, A little b12 can’t hurt. What is azemet??
    Is that to help boost the HGB.

will have to try your website there

KATHY1

Hey Tah,
    Hope your results turn out well. I tried your website. Good one. Score 315 first time-745 second time.

Kathy

tahoedonner

Hi All!

I will divulge my score after a few more rounds of practice…it helps if you are consuming a few rounds of the product while practicing….sorry John.

Anzemet (sp?) is a drug to stave off the bad effects of chemo…it worked for me while I was taking Vidaza but my MD also gave me a “cocktail” of stuff that needed to be refrigerated and that I used very sparingly during the week. Both worked but the Vidaza did not.

My reds dropped, so today I got three units of reds. The goal is to bring them up to a level more easily sustained. They can’t do much about the whites and platelets so the prognosis is good for a year or so but not much beyond unless something else that we are trying kicks in.

The infusion today went well except that it took eight hours for three units because my blood pressure kept going off the charts and I kept needing diuretics to lower it.No big deal for me since I just kept reading year+ old magazines while the Oncology Nurses (great people) worked it out.

The strangest thing is that I feel great except for the fact that I tire easily when doing even routine things like mowing the lawn….gradually I am conning others into taking over.

Well, back to the Beer Hall!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert