MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Univ. of Nebraska, Lied Transplant Center

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Univ. of Nebraska, Lied Transplant Center

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jack_dup1

I went to the Lied(pronounced leed) Transplant Center in Omaha for consultation. Nice place, very nice people, appointments were all on time and well coordinated. Only hitch was when I went for the BMB, I had been told over the phone that I could have sedative, either by IV or local, when I went in they said no we don’t do sedatives other than at the injection site. She said my blood pressure was high and was I apprehensive? I said no, I was pissed about being lied to. The BMB went ok, they knew what they were doing. It was the smoothest of the five I have had.
    As far as the consultation; the bad news was there was no good news, and the good news was that there was no bad news. I will continue without treatment hopefully for a long time, I still keep an eye out for Santa at Christmas so I may be too optomistic.
    my platelets were 79k and whites 38.5, not much change. I go back in two weeks for BMB results, I don’t expect any surprises, I am going to have them take over primary care, it is only a two hour drive and I was impressed with the Doctor.
    On the way to Omaha we heard an anti-drug message on the radio, he said that a study showed that pot decreases the WBC, so I thought hmmm, good question for the Doc, since I have high counts. Asked her sort of tounge in cheek, thought she would have a stroke. I told her that I was sure that the preacher on the radio never thought there would be a 63 year old guy thinking “that sounds promising”.
    Jack

Jimbob

Jack,
    I was thinking about you the last few days and praying that you would get some good news. I suppose no worse news is still acceptable. Glad that the BMB went smoothly and pray the the results bear out that there is no worse news. Now you got me wondering if maybe never having been a pot smoker is a bad thing. Maybe that would have at least kept the counts down. I don’t think it would have stopped the abnormalities but maybe, if one smoked enough, one would not care.
    Jim

Dennis

Perhaps marijuana would have helped. You don’t see Cheech or Chong on this forum, do you?

Oh, the missed opportunity!

D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert