MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Hi all,

Thank you for your kind responses in my last update.

Dad is still in the hospital. He still has fevers and they traced them to a sore that he has. He also has a staph infection. They’re trying a bunch of different antibiotics. His spirits are down so I spend a lot of time trying to get him to focus on the positive.

I had a hectic time there but, like I said in my previous post, it was very fulfilling. My life feels rather lonely now and it’s hard to be so far away from them. I wish I could be there to see dad every day. I was getting used to it.

Anyway, thanks for listening,
    Carrie

Kathryn

Hey Carrie… my heart goes out to you. I know how difficult it is w/ me being in the same city, so I can only imagine how you are feeling. I’m so sorry your father is blue… the hospital is not a very uplifting place when you aren’t feeling well…. My dad has been battling the blues himself and I am constantly trying to think of ways to brighten his days there….. I hope that the doctors will get your dad’s situation under control and he will be back home soon. You all are in my prayers.

Take care,

Kathryn

Kathryn

Hey I forgot this….

(((((((BIG HUG)))))))

Kathryn

frank
    Participant

oh, god…

for me, i had the fever for 4 days, managable by using telano, as the temprature going down, everything should be getting better soon. it is not a good experience for staph infection in blood stream, my Doc told me have to be very cautious on it. And usually they will give you the antibiotic for 14 days, it is not a good experience for staying bed and high fever all days, the most he need is resting…

hope they get it control soon, and your dad will feel better…

Frank

Carrie

Thanks, Kathryn and Frank.

Frank, I read your post. I’m glad you’re feeling better! I hope things go as well for my dad.

The problem is that he’s not eating much and he doesn’t have a lot of strength. He’s doing some of the PT (walking and strength bands) that they requested but he won’t do it without someone from my family there. At least he’s being a little stubborn. It’s both good and bad, I guess.

Thanks for listening,
    carrie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert