MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza Hair Loss

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Vidaza Hair Loss

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JulieMarie

Just wondering if any of you have lost your hair on Vidaza. My mom is starting her second round of Vidaza treatment today. After her last dr. appointment on Friday, she said something about trying to get some sort of scarf / hat to be pre-pared.

Thanks for your help.

Terri

Julie, My husband had very thick and wavy hair, A full head for his age, it was kind of salt and pepper, the gray being somewhat course. Since the Vidaza treatments, his hair has thinned some but has gotten very soft. The gray is no longer course. He does not need to get it cut as often but if a stranger looked at him they would not even be able to tell that there was any change.
    I don’t think this is at all like Reg Chemo where hair is lost. There is another patient that comes in when Bob goes and is also on Vidaza he does not look like he is losing hair either.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert