MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Will medicare pay for Aranesp or Vidaza

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Will medicare pay for Aranesp or Vidaza

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cerbysam
    Participant

The doctor has advised me that he wants to put me on Revlimid (lenalidmid). So far I have found that my cost would be over $2,000 every 28 days.
    I am hoping for a less expensive treatment. Will Medicare pay for Aranesp or Vidaza if the injections are at a Doctors office.
    Medicare did pay for my Luspatercept injections at $12,000 a shot. They made me so sick and my hemoglobin dropped to 6.7 after 4 months of shots so I have to find a new drug. Thanks for any help you can give.

Ashley Moncrief

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! I just wanted to pass along a message I received from one of our physician partners regarding payment for Revlimid:

I would encourage you to follow the link BMS Access Support® | REVLIMID® (lenalidomide) | Financial Assistance (bmscustomerconnect.com) and/or call BMS Access Support® at 1-800-861-0048, (8 am to 8 pm ET, Monday – Friday) to discuss if you may be eligible for financial assistance. This is generally based on gross yearly income and # people for your household.

We also have a Guide to Assistance book that goes over other places you can reach out to for financial assistance as well as Medicare questions. I put the link below.

https://www.mds-foundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/MDS-Guide-to-Assistance-Insurance-revMG-8-10-23.pdf

I hope this helps!

Ashley

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert