MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

A remedy for soarness

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board A remedy for soarness

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Need To Know

Hello everyone! My mother has been getting chemo injections in her stomach, which causes tenderness, brusing and soarness. Can anyone relate and have a suggestion?

Thank You,

Tasha

Mary4Mike
    Participant

I would give Arnica Montana a try. It is homeopathic. You take it orally and they make a topical. You can use both and they are found at health food stores.

You may want to run it by the doctor, and if you are fortunate enough to have a doctor that knows about alternatives, I hope they give it a thumbs up.

Let me know!

Need To Know

Ok i’ll look into it thank you

admin1

Try pressing a cool or warm washcloth on sore spot for 15 mins. at a time. No ice or hot compress. Ice may affect how azacitidine gets into bloodstream. If you aren’t already doing so, choose a different site to give the shot each time – stomach, upper thigh or upper arm for example. If the reactions can’t be tolerated, your physician may recommend switching to IV and getting a port – no difference in effectiveness whether subcutaneous or intervenous.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert