MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

A special request

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board A special request

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    geebeebee

I couldn’t agree more with what everyone has said about Neil and you two, and I will continue to put both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Greg

Naomi

Ron your note to all of us is very appreciated. The comment about Neil is so appropiate. He is such a wealth of information. I know that many of us can relate our experiences as they have happened to us, but Neil can give so much more and he does it freely. Barbra has done a great amount of research and also passes it on to us.

My prayers are with you as well as everyone else on the forum both the caregivers and the patients.

Take care and enjoy your time with the kids and all.

Naomi

April

Barb & Ron ~ I totally agree with you when it comes to Neil. I know I haven’t been on the board that much lately, but to jump on here and read what Ron has wrote was just wonderful. I’m so very sorry that things have not worked out to your advantage and I will be praying for all of you as you start your path.

Prayers to all…

helenr

Dear Ron and Barbra

Thank you for expressing so well what I feel about Neil. He inspires us with confidence with his caring and information. I have followed your battles with this disease and have been inspired by your courage and wish you peace and miracles.

Helen

Jimbob

Ron,
    I agree with you about Neil and how he has help so mny. With him I hope that something is right around the corner to help those fighting this disease.
    I have had a hard time reading and harder posting but will have cataracts removed next Monday and working on hand and foot pain/prolems. Looking forward to you complaining of only little things like me.
    Jim

mommachkate

DEAR BARBARA, RON, Your special tribute to Neil is wonderfull and so right.I feel the same way, thinking of Neil as a Hero, who helps everybody.Your letter also a tribute to Barbara and yourself. You guys are an inspiration to us. Keep up your fight, and hope. Thinking of you. Kate

PAG2005

Dear Barbara and Ron,

I want to join you with my thanks to Neil. He is so kind to share his knowledge about MDS with everyone on the forum. You both have fought so hard and are an inspiration. You both will be in my prayers.. Pat

CMH64

Ron, thanks for saying what I have often thought should be said! I second that! Thank you Neil for all you do.

Ron and Barb! Know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers. I love your attitude and know that you will make the most of every day! Cathy

gemloyear

TO Barbra & Ron, Thank you for your beautiful letter. It left me at aloss for words.I came across some info about mylotarg yesterday that you may have all ready read ,but will send it along in case you havn’t seen it. http;//users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/C/CancerImmunotherapy.html you are both an inspration to us all,our prayers are with you Ellie

Barb

Barbra and Ron,
    What a beautiful tribute to Neil – and so very true. I think most of us probably have Neil to thank for helping us move from those first feelings of devastation to a stage where we could mobilize our strength and DO something. Neil, you’ll never know how much hope you have given to others over the years. God bless you!

And, Ron and Barbra, the act of recogizing Neil’s contributions and moving to act out your feelings are a tribute to the kind of people YOU are. From the moment you joined this forum, you have asked questions some hadn’t thought of, shared information and answers with others who were searching, and expressed your outrage, hope, fears, strength, and love with clarity and sincerity – and even humor – and those postings have been read and felt and understood by each of us in this electronic community.

Ron, I think you and my dad have a lot in common. Incredible inner strength and faith, the love of a good woman, the ability to keep your priorities in order, and a wonderful sense of humor to get you and your family through the tough days. Your nickname for him – the flagship – was a terrific day-brightener for him.
    Thank you for taking the time and energy to add your contribution to this forum.

Thinking of you,
    Barb M.

I have not been posting for awhile but do read the list frequently. Just want to add my thanks to Niel just as Barbra and Ron did. He is always so kind.
    On March 8th it will be six months since my beloved Walden ended his 21 month trial of MDS.
    So many of you are still struggling and were our inspiration during our experience. Thank you all for being here for each other.
    We are now waiting to see how my son Christopher fares with his Leukemia. Diagnosed at Thanksgiving, he has had 3 rounds of chemo and seems to be holding on pretty well. It was such a blow to learn that he has the same AML that took his Dad. The main difference is that he does not have MDS. Blessings and prayers to all of you, Marie

KATHY1

Thank you to Ron and Barbara for reminding us how important it is for us to show our appreciation for those who take so much of their time to help others as Neil has. Neil you are an inspiration. Thanks to all on the forum for sharing your experiences and making us feel not alone. You are all greatly appreciated.

Kathy

LisainOk

This post brought me to tears. Neil, thank you for all you have done! I pray that you are richly blessed:-)

~Lisa

helenolin1
    Participant

You have given me things to consider. I like the fact that you write about this! thanks! Visit This

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert