MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

aaaaahhhh (not MDS related) mom's surgery

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board aaaaahhhh (not MDS related) mom's surgery

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

My mom’s surgery is rescheduled to an indefinite date. Her blood pressure is too high so they have to regulate it first. It may be a month before it’s regulated.

My sisters wanted to throw me a birthday party next weekend (a little one) and I guess I can still go. Problem is that I’ll have to use my plane ticket for a different date and buy another one for when the surgery is scheduled. I can’t really afford that.

But I could also see all of my family in good circumstances rather than post-surgery and whatever situation that my dad may be in in a month or two.

Also, I was planning on meeting two forum members while I was there. One of them is in the hospital already so I’ll have to call and talk to him (I don’t think he’s checking the boards).

I’m glad my mom isn’t going to be in danger during the surgery. That’s the important thing… but now I have some decisions to make AND I was looking forward to a whole week of not having to work or worry about stuff here. Sigh.

Thanks for listening smile .
    Carrie

ButchL
    Participant

Carrie:

I always say, everything happens for a reason. It will all work out. You’ll see. Take it as a little vacation to see your family. It will do you good.

Butch…..

Suzanne

Spending Good happy, time with family can be just as important-sometimes more- then being there for the bad times.

Kathryn

Hey Carrie,

Carpe Diem!!! smile And spending your birthday w/ your family is a wonderful way to celebrate. Making memories.

It will all work out!!!

Kat.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert