MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

AAAARGH!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn

Margaret… you are so

Jimbob

Margaret,
    I don’t know if it could be something similar wiht Luke but…..Just before I WAS to have my SCT, they thought I had kidney stones. It was very painful. I was definitely passing something but they finally determined that it was gall stones. I cannot remeber what they called it but they said it was caused by the large number of TX’s I had have when I had been losing som much blood the month before. I was bleeding out at least 5 pts a day and they were replacing it with at least an equal amount of packed red blood cells, and adding 2-3 bags of platletts plus plasma and continuous saline solution. They said that getting too much TX’s somehow overload the system and the gall bladder passes the dead blood cells in a way the looks and feels like kidney stones. Yhry ending up removing my gall bladder after they were able to get the WBC count up high enough. That delayed the SCT by 6 weeks.
    btw, your site for Luke is great. Thanks for posting all of the links on things that you have researched.
    Jim

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert