MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Abdominal Pain with Revlimid Anyone ?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Abdominal Pain with Revlimid Anyone ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lydia

Posted under another topic also, but would like to know if anyone has experienced abdominal pain with Revlimid.

I know everyone is different, but haven’t read anyone having ab pain with Revlimid so far on this forum, unless I missed it somewhere.

She’s also experiencing tingling in hr spine, but we assume this is a sign that it is working !

Frankie

Hi Lydia…
    I have the spine tingling and also abdominal pain…ummm…diarrhea cramps.
    I’ve been on Revlimid for 5 weeks.

Frankie

Rackon

I replied on the other thread – my dad has been on Revlimid for more than 6 weeks with a couple breaks inbetween, one when he went from 10mg to 5 mg and another break from therapy after he broke his hip.

No spine tingling to report, but he does have dry skin and some gassy pain from diarrhea. I think this is fairly common. Diarrhea is listed as one of main side effects on the Revlimid website and the pain your mom has could be associated with that.

The tingling I don’t know about. Since dad is recovering from a broken hip, he may not be noticing “spinal tingling” or he may associate it with his hip recovery. Check with the docs to be sure the tingling isn’t neurological, but it doesn’t seem far fetched to me that a drug that works in the bone marrow might cause sensations *in* the bones.

stacey

Lydia,

I have not experienced the spine tingling, however, I do have occasional abdominal pain (accompanied with constipation/diarrhea). The abdominal pain started well over a year ago, and at first I did not realize that the pain might be associated with revlimid — I thought instead that I might be lactose intolerant or have some other problem.
    I have mentioned this side effect several times to my hematology doctor, and then last summer I went to see my primary physician to see what he thought. He suggested adding Benefiber to my diet, since it can help with constipation or diarrhea. I still experience these problems (including the abdominal pain), but all seem to happen with less frequency since starting taking the Benefiber. In addition, the doctor prescribed Hyoscyamine tablets directly for the abdominal pain. I have only taken it a couple times (I generally try not to take too much prescription medicine along with my revlimid), but when I did take that prescription in the past, it seemed to alleviate some of the pain. Hope this helps.

-Stacey

Lydia

Thanks all. Mom has improved – less ab cramps. She actually went to the emergency room. I guess she thought it may be a blood clot since it was so painful – and she’s not a whiner. Think it was severe constipation. I told her to eat better, but. . . Will suggest adding the Benefiber. Her doc suggested that Senecot(?spelling).

Now she has diarrhea now and then (= cramps also). Drugs or nerves. Think she’s not ready emotionally to start taking these drugs. But she’s seems to be getting a grip on things now.

MDS is such fun for its’ “victims” and their families. This forum sure helps us keep our sanity!

Dennis

I gotta take exception at the term “victim”. . . I am not a victim, I am a survivor — and I intend to REMAIN a survivor, no matter what it takes.

MDS is a nasty condition, and can do a real number on the physical being. But it can’t do anything to the soul unless we let it. It can be a real battle to keep ahead of it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not perfect on this . . . there are days, more than I care to admit, when I feel like a fire hydrant in a dog kennel. And ultimately, MDS may win, although it won’t win easy if it does. In the meantime, I’m going to try to live strong, day by day.

And please, don’t take anything in this to be intended as a rebuke or anything — I don’t mean to get on anyone or anything like that. But sometimes our minds are all we have that we can control in some respect, when our bodies are at war against us. Gotta get the victories where we can.

D

eve

you go gettum dennis – i love your spunk

eve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert