MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Advocacy Teleconference – The Leukemia Lymphoma Society

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Advocacy Teleconference – The Leukemia Lymphoma Society

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    riley

I received this email from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I won’t be able to sit in on this phone call, but I thought I’d pass this along to the forum in case any of you might be interested. It’s a free teleconference about access and barriers to clinical trials and what we can do to break down the barriers.

Nicole

~~~~~

Advocacy Teleconference- Access to Clinical Trials: Thursday, October 25- 4 p.m.(EST)

Save the Date! Thursday, October 25, 2007 from 4-5p.m.(EST)

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is pleased to present a free teleconference on one of the important legislative issues in our public policy agenda. Clinical trials of new and promising therapies are the roadmap to cures for blood cancers. For a number of reasons, unfortunately, access to clinical trials is often difficult.

Please join us for an informative discussion on the importance of clinical trials. We will explain the concept, why they are important to patients and the barriers associated with patient enrollment. We will hear a patient’s story about being denied insurance coverage for routine care during a clinical trial. We will also learn what is going on at the federal and state policy level on this issue, and finally, what you can do as a Society advocate to help break down these barriers.

We will conclude with questions and answers. This call is scheduled to be not longer than one hour in duration.

Among the presenters during this teleconference will be: George Dahlman, Senior Vice President of Public Policy, Lynn Aaronson, National Director, Grassroots Programs, a physician with expertise on clinical trials and a patient who experienced barriers to entering a trial.

Register today! Volunteer advocates, patients, family members and friends are welcome! We will email you the call in number and further directions. Remember – this teleconference is free of charge.

We hope that you can join us for this important teleconference seminar.

If you have questions about this teleconference, please contact Lynn Aaronson, National Director, Grassroots Programs (lynn.aaronson@lls.org) or (401) 709-2759.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert