MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

another bad news….

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board another bad news….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    frank
    Participant

just don’t know why bad news all come in one…

just got news from transplant center, none of my brothers and sister have the match, really frustrate on the result.

Frank

sarah

So sorry to hear Frank. Hope you can get a unrelated donor match.

shirlsgirl

How disappointing, sorry about that Frank. Better luck on getting an unrelated donor match.

Take care,Jody

Suzanne

Thank goodness you are young enough to try an unrelated match! good luck!

Jimbob

Frank,
    is your hospital trying for donors through the various sources? I was fortunate to have 4 out of 4 brothers match so I do not know what you need to go through. We are all pulling and praying for you.
    Jim

Suzanne

Frank, Are you still going to Johns Hopkins? I saaw someone on the forum who was getting an unrelated match through Hopkins.

mommachkate

Frank,
    I am so sorry about your problem. Like Suzanne said you are so young, you will find a match.Don,t loose hope. Best wishes. Kate

Marsha

Frank

I did not get a match from my sibs either, but we found an unrelated one, so don’t give up hope, there will be disappointments as well as happy news as well. God Bless

frank
    Participant

yeah, it was a bad day to have the news, my 2 brothers and 1 sister is off the game, we havn’t start the un-related one yet, since the chance is good like my doctor said. i still go with Johns Hopkins, i don’t know if they made a mistake on this or not. Hope i can ask them to verify it again(since they made the same kind of mistake on my blood type before)…
    being young is good, but too much to be worried if you are young…
    Anyway, althrough there are so much pressure in our family, we still try to enjoy the twin, they are almost 8 months old, walk them after work did make me feel a little better…

thanks everyone…

Frank

doreen

Frank, I am sorry to hear the news. Neither of my siblings matched either but that is not so unusual. Don’t get discouraged. I will be using cord blood for my transplant as they were unable to find a good matched donor for me. You may want to look into this if they do not find anything for you. I have done much research on it and it appears very promising. Here is a good website for it. http://www.nationalcordbloodprogram.com/
    Best of luck to you Frank…

mamakayz

Hello.

My wife “mamakayz” is the one who got the unrelated donor match through Johns Hopkins…they actually found 2 matches, and after only 5 months of searching!…So there is always hope. Keep the faith, Hopkins is great.
    And being young is a plus also.
    By the way, my wife was admitted yesterday to start her 5 days of pre-BMT chemotherapy and her BMT is scheduled for next Tuesday. So far, the worst part seems to be the boredom, but we’ll gladly take that over the alternative.

Take care and good luck.
    Papakayz

Suzanne

Good luck to Nadine. I will be up at Hopkins for a CBC Friday the 14th. Will she still be there and can she have company? I always have an hour to kill waiting for the results to be posted.

Marsha

Good luck and prayers are with you as you and your wife enter into your journey. Just to warn you that be thankful for the boredom as that is the least of the things that will happen to her I’m afraid. My thoughts are with you both. I’m nearly 4 months out from my BMT.

Nanxy

Frank, don’t be discouraged. My brothers were not matches either. BUT, through the national bone marrow registry there were 7 prelimary mataches and after 2 weeks they found a “perfect” match. We move tomorrow to Sranford and get ready. I will have the mini transplant with total lymph irradiation and ATG. This is a two week prep before the transplant. My case is secondary MDS from Treatment for Ovarian Cancer three times. All three lines are down and there is chromosonal damage also. So my only chance was a mini transplant.
    Keep your chin up and keep chugging away…

Suzanne

We will all be hoping thaat this chance works out for you. Good luck Nanxy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert