MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Any Ideas?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Any Ideas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CarolineG

I gave my Dad his Aranesp shot thismorning. When I was finished and was disposing of the needle, I pricked the side of my thumb with it. It didn’t bleed but the point went in far enough to leave a tiny mark. Does anyone know if I should be concerned? I don’t really think it works that way but I thought I would ask anyhow.

Thanks.
    Caroline

Jimbob

MDS is not contagious and even if yo were to get a partial dose of Aranesp, it would not hurt you. I know that your dad has a lot of health problems but the only thing to be concerned about with a needle jab from someone else’s needle would be along the lines of AIDS and you never metnioned that. And unlikely that the docs would be able to treat someone with both that ans CMML.

CarolineG

Thanks Jim.

I thought so but figured that I should probably err on the side of caution and ask.

Dad doesn’t have Aids or anything along those lines.

Caroline

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert