MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

anyone been to the Mayo Clinic?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board anyone been to the Mayo Clinic?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    txnmomma

My father will be going there soon for his next appt.

Has anyone been to the Mayo Clinic in Arizona?
    What have been your experiences with the Mayo Clinic? Good? Bad?

So far, they seem on their toes and know what their doing.

Just wanting to get some opinions from others…

riley

My father was not well enough to be able to fly to Arizona, so we went to Mayo in Jacksonville, FL when we were seeking another opinion about his diagnosis. Everyone there was outstanding! We don’t have a single complaint about the care they provided my father or how my father or my family was treated. They showed concern for all of us and took perfect care of us.

The hem/onc in Atlanta that my father had been seeing told him there was nothing that could be done, he had three weeks to live, and he should spend his time getting his affairs in order and saying his good-byes. Mayo spent a week running every test under the sun, told us a three-week prognosis was way off base, and told my father that he had nine different treatment options to choose from.

I am very glad we went to Mayo. I hope your experience in Arizona will be as positive as ours was in Jacksonville. I’d be interested to hear about it, if you feel like sharing after you go there.

Nicole

Debster01

Hi Wendy! My dad went to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota 2 years ago. He had MDS for years and passed away this past Feb due to AML frown However, I believe the Mayo clinic gave us two more years with him-they were wonderful. It was so great to know a TEAM of doctors were monitoring him, and the nurses were superb. The really listened to him-and sometimes that is half the battle! Best wishes to you and your dad..Debbie

jaxem

momma
    i know tx is a big state. how far are you from houston? md anderson is cutting edge for blood diseases.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert