MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Aranesp Vs. Procrit

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Aranesp Vs. Procrit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Annette Puczkowski
    Participant

I have been receiving Aranesp injections for almost two years for MDS. Because of changes to my insurance, they want me to switch to Procrit and also I will have to self inject. I haven’t really had any side
    effects from the Aranesp and am worried about the side effects of Procrit. The side effects listed seem
    to be worse than for Aranesp. Has anyone had a bad reaction from it? Has anyone taken both of these?
    Was one more effective than the other?

Jackie
    Participant

I have been getting 300 mpg Aranasp shots for 2 years. During the Summer of 2015, we were in Illinois for 3 months. I had to have procrit shots while there. The only difference that I found was the Procrit shot had to be given more often than the Aranasp shot. I got Procrit every 2 wks. When we returned to our home, I went back on my monthly Aranasp shot without any problems with either one, other than having to have my blood tested and the Procrit shot every 2 wks rather than monthly while in Illinois.

Annette Puczkowski
    Participant

Thank You.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert