MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Arsenic Trioxide – As2O3

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Arsenic Trioxide – As2O3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    krishananth

Hi,

Anyone who has tried Arsenic Trioxide for MDS.

Please do get back with your experiences / what you have heard abt it

Thanks
    Sandhya

pierre

Hi Sandhya,

Anecdotal evidence, but it worked very well for my mother. She was treated with it, along with ara-c, for a couple of months, and it put her in complete remission from AML that had evolved from MDS.

Pierre

lynette

Sandhya,
    It worked well for my Mother as well. Two rounds as an inpatient, and she went into remission. The only bothersome side effect was numbness in the feet and hands.
    Lynette

patti

Sandya,

If your mom takes this she can try R. alpha lipoic acid (rALA – natural ALA) for the numbness. There have been a number of studies that have shown this has worked for taking away numbness. I know of one person personally who used it and their neuropathy went away.

Best wishes,

patti

krishananth

Hi,

Please can you tell me some more on the sideeffects coz what we have heard from the docs and also from our searches on the net is that As2O3 is a kind of slow poision and leaves deposits on the finger nails and toes and hair too. Also there are damages to the liver in some cases where in heavy metals like Arsenic deposit more.

Do let me know some more on this.

Thanks and Regards

patti

Sandhya,

I think the difficulty with side effects is that every drug has them. Generally speaking, when one decides to use chemo they are choosing to poison their bodies in the hopes that greater good will come out of it. Your mom will essentially have to choose to do the same thing. All chemos damage the liver, not just aresenic. So is this one worse then the others? That’s something you’ll have to decide.

As someone who uses natural medicine with my family and helps my friends with it, we would never do chemo. It makes no sense to poison the body while “hoping” for it to cure the disease. But most people aren’t willing to do what it takes to heal their bodies naturally. JMHO.

Patti

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert