MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

asking for prayer

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board asking for prayer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sdrake

Dear Friends,

My dad had a BMB done July 21. His spleen had been getting larger, and he was having some night sweats again. His blood counts were holding pretty steady. The bone marrow biopsy showed 5.6% blasts in the marrow and 2% in the blood. His oncologist recommended switching to Revlimid since Dad is -5q (we have been discussing this for several months). Dad has been going through the process for getting Revlimid and expects it any day now. He has been off treatment for over 2 months. His white count was 14 a week ago Tuesday, 32.6 this Tuesday, and 60 Friday, and his spleen is very large. Dad’s doctor put him in the hospital to get the white count down while he is waiting for the Revlimid. They gave Dad fluids yesterday and a medicine to protect his kidneys. This morning his WBC was 48. We were glad for this. They gave him Hydrea this morning to help with the high WBC. He seems to be doing well and is in good spirits. Please lend him your prayers as we cross this hurdle.

Thank you,
    Shari

Sapphire

My prayers are with you and your father. I’ve heard Revilimid is very promising in patients with -5q.

riley

Shari, you and your father will be in my prayers as well.

Nicole

sdrake

Thanks Sapphire and Riley. We are headed back to the hospital now. Dad called and said his white count is down to 38 this morning. His RBC is also taking a dive. They thought he would need blood today. They also gave him a diuretic (sp) during the night because he is retaining fluid. Hopefully today will bring good news. It is my parents 46 wedding anniversary. Thanks again for the prayers.

Shari

Jack_dup1

Shari,
    Tell you Dad he is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the Revilimid works out.
    Jack

CarolineG

Shari.

Happy Anniversary to your parents. Mine will be married 50 years in 2 weeks. We are keeping our fingers crossed that my Dad will be well enough for us to take them out for a nice dinner.

I will keep you and your parents in my prayers.

Caroline

chuckk333

Shari,

Requests for prayers here gets a huge response, even though not everyone who prays will post that they are doing so. I will pray for your dad as I do for so many on the forum.

Chuck

Russ P.

Shari,
    I said a prayer for you and your dad. The power of prayer and knowing others are praying can give much comfort. It binds us together.
    Russ

sdrake

My Friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers. Dad is doing better. He has such a positive attitude and such a temendous faith.

They gave him 2 units of blood today as his HGB was getting low. His white count is coming down as they hoped it would. The doctor said everything is going well, and they hope he can come home tomorrow. They will continue the Hydrea until the Revlimid gets here.

I cannot express how much we all appreciate your prayers. Please know that my very best goes out to all of you.

God Bless,
    Shari

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert