MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Aspartame/Leukemia

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Aspartame/Leukemia

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jack_dup1

I came across an article in USA Today, Italian researchers found a link between Aspartame and Leukemia/Lymphoma in lab rats.
    Jack

http://www.mercola.com/2005/aug/4/aspartame_leukemia.htm

shirlsgirl

Wow! Interesting article Jack, thanks for sharing. Boy, you just never know what’s safe..margarine vs butter, aspartame vs sugar…it appears natural is better for us. I’m sticking to sugar. smile

Jody

Jack_dup1

It is in our diet drinks, our desserts, everywhere. One more thing to eliminate from the diet. I think natural is better.

Jack

patti

Thanks for posting this! I actually got pancreatitis 4 yrs ago when I was pregnant. The doctors could never pin down why (I’m not a drinker) but when my husband and I did some research we discovered nutrasweet was probably the cause (I drank 4-6 cans of diet coke a day for years). Needless to say, the nutrasweet quickly went out the window. I still struggle with having something “diet” vs. sugar because of the calories (don’t want the extras!). I nearly died (and my baby also) because of too much nutrasweet I can’t believe they still have this stuff on the shelves. Natural better, all the way!

patti

covergirl

Wonder if this is why you can’t find Nutrasweet in the stores these days. Only can find something called “nutrataste.” My mother loves it, I hated all artificail sweetners until I became diabetic a few weeks ago.

Diet drinks with aspartame actually made me itch awful. Had to take a benadryl one night. I really am partial to sugar; use it moderately and trying to like splenda.

Sigit

Dear all

Ever try honey to replace sugar?

Regards

Sigit WW

gemloyear

yes really good in tea.Praying for a miracle for your daughter.
    Ellie

Sheryl Ann

Hi,

The best sweetner one can use and it has health benefits is called Stevia Plus. You can only purchase it in health food gocery stores such as Whole Foods. It is actually sweeter then sugar and all natural. It also promotes the healthy bacteria and provides fiber. I used it in my mothers protein drinks I would fix for her every morning

Sheryl

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert