MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Back after 2 years

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Back after 2 years

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JaneP

I am back after 2 long years without my brother. Since I lost my brother in Aug 05 to MDS after a short 6 month battle I have since lost an uncle and now more recently have a cousin that is now in for the long haul. He is awaiting a bone marrow transplant.

I could only hope that everyone is still here that was in 2005 that supported me through my hard times. I am truly sorry for those that have had losses since then.

My prayers are with each and everyone on this forum.

JaneP

gj

Jane

Sorry we have to welcome you back to this forum. Wishing the best for your cousin and that he finds a successful match.
    I can sympathsize with you as we just buried a special cousin last week who passed from DLBC.
    My prayers and BE SSTRONG
    gj

JaneP

Thanks Greg. I said I would remain on the forum after my brother passed but it has been a very hard 2 years without him. He left us after 6 short months from the dx.

I visited my cousin a couple of weeks ago as he is in Virginia and he looks very good and his counts are all good for now. He is in good spirits and even returned to work part time. Just waiting for news on whether he will go to Richmond, VA, Nashville, TN or Seattle, WA for the BMT. He is retired military so he has to go wherever they will take his insurance.

I am sorry to hear about your cousin, and I wish you and your family the very best.

JaneP

covergirl

Hi JaneP,
    I had a good experience with MCV Richmond, VA BMTUnit in 6/05 even though my ATG treatment failed. Drs. Chung and McCarty are top-notch as is the entire staff. Dr. McCarty actually continues to consult w/my hemo/onc on my progress and reviews my bmb results.

Wishing nothing but the best for your cousin and family members.

cheryl

JaneP

Thanks Cheryl. I had spoken with you a couple of years ago when my brother had seen Dr. McCarty on Aug.10th 2005. He passed away on the 23rd of August 2005 so he never made it for the BMT. After his death they said he had viral meningitis and none of the antibiotics administered helped. He was feeling so good on the 10th and was in the hospital by the 11th with temp of 103 so we are not sure how he ended up with meningitis.

My cousin actually saw Dr. McCarty as well this month and he has not progressed as far along as my brother so hopefully he will get his BMT.

It is so good to hear from you. I have thought about you and many others on this forum over the past 2 years but just could not bring myself to get back on line. Here I am and I pray for you all and wish you the best.

Jane P

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert