MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Barry is now at peace.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Barry is now at peace.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have not been on the board for several months because we were in Minneapolis so that Barry could get treatment at Fairview. We went up with the hope he would be able to get a cord blood transplant. He began with MDS, then it went to AML which both went into remission after the first round of chemo. But then they found he had ALL. Unfortunately he was never able to get into remission from it. He underwent five more rounds of induction chemo. During the last round after many steroids, he fell and broke his hip. It was downhill from there. We brought Barry home last Wednesday to be able to die at home. My beautiful husband died on Friday. He fought right up to the end. He still wasn’t ready to go. This is a vicious disease. But to give others hope, we saw many people come, get treated and leave with the hope of being able to live many more years. It just wasn’t to be for us.
    God’s blessings to all of you!
    Bev

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Dear Bev,

What a beautiful message of hope you are giving all of us.

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Barry. Just know that you and your family are in our prayers.

Mary

jaxem

Hi, Bev
    I am so sorry to hear about Barry. I never met him but was happy to have met with you while at Fairview. It was so nice meeting with you on this Forum, then at the Hope Lodge when my wife & I were there with you. We shared so many common thoughts. getting through this grieving period can be tough for you so please e-mail me to discuss whatever as it has been about 6 months since my wife has passed.

Jo L.

Bev –

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Your husband fought so hard through all of this. May you find peace in knowing that he is finally free of the pain his body was enduring.

Jo L.

Marcla

Dear Bev,
    I followed your Caring Place journal and was saddened to see Barry lose his courageous battle. Now it’s time to let your heart start on it’s journey to healing by feeling the comfort memories bring. My companion, Ralph, also lost his fight against this awful disease on Feb. 18th, so we were also dealing with the frustrations of trying to do our best and make the right decisions. One minute I’m reliving the good times we had … the next I’m crying for what the future could have been.
    So, Bev, I know the feelings you are experiencing. May God’s arms gently hold you and carry you through this difficult time. Please be in touch by email if you would like.
    In Christian Love,
    Marla Clark
    PS..My brother & sister-in-law were John & Florence Loos from the Pennsylvania area. Any relative?

marlene

Hello Bev,

I am so sorry to read this post. Barry was so fortunate to have you during such a difficult time. Please know that you are in our prayers.

Marlene

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert