MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Blood Clotting

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Blood Clotting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    krishananth

My dad has been due for his tranfusions since last week, but has been postponing it for some reason or the other.
    He is currently on Danogen / Danozal and took a EPO injection last friday(once a week). He wants to go for his transfusion on Thursday. He does appear/feel weak but sometimes he also seems to be fine.

Suddenly since yesterday he is having a circular blood clot (bluish black color) having a radius of around 4 – 5 cms in his thigh. Could this be because of the delay in tranfusions?

Thanks
    Sandhya

Russ P.

Sandhya, How are his platelets? He could bruise very easily if they are low.

Stephanie

Dear Sandya, I agree with Russ, in that it is probably his platlets. I have had large markings such as these just appear without ever hitting or touching my body in that area, I have also experienced awaking with quarter size open sores on my face, nose, neck and body? I think it has something to do with the lack of nuitrients in the body/blood? I don’t know, but it certainly is freaky!
    I also push myself as far as I can before getting a tx! Please if he is experiencing dizziness tell him to go ahead and get his tx. It will do him good.

willie

Stephanie The quarter inch open sore sound like the Sweets Syndrome my wife had. What causes them to go away? Do they get really hot to the tough? Prednisone was the only thing that helped her. The Sweets was a precursor to MDS. Willie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert