MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Blood Donors

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Blood Donors

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dick

After 94 transfusions I called the blood supplier in my area . . . United Blood Services and asked what I can do to show my graditude for what must be over 180 people who have given for me.

Well they interviewed me for a TV commericial which has aired and just this week I was also invited to make a presentation at a meeting of blood drive coordinators. Over 100 people were present for a breakfast meeting in the area and I was able to convey my thanks and graditute. I had some fun with it too . . . indicating that their blood donor efforts had not only kept me alive, but also has kept the Jehovahs witnesses from my door. Got a good laugh.

Those of us who are dependent can well be thankful that there are those willing to give. Only 37 % of the population are elgible to give and only 6 % do . . . so the need is great.

Please give some consideration to calling your supplier. You’ll be surprised to fing how receptive they will be.

Dick

Neil

Hi Dick,
    A great idea!
    A few years ago Bob Carroll organized a large number of high schools in Connecticut to become volunteers at blood drives. As the kids became older they became donors. Bob was responsible for obtaining many thousands of donors.
    When my kids ask what I want for a birthday or Christmas I usually tell them to donate blood or register as a stem cell donor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert