MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

BMT Donor Search

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board BMT Donor Search

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dennis

They’ve began searching for a BMT donor on the registry for me. First pass turned up 7 potentials, now two are unavailable. I’m told my search may be difficult because of some oddball HLA markers.

Of those that have gotten BMT’s how long did the search take for you? If you’re still waiting, how long have you been waiting?

Thanks.

D

Terri

Husband is doing the Vidaza route, they don’t think he would be a good candidate for bmt

mamakayz

Dennis..

Although the transplant eventually did not take, it took them 3 months to find Nadine’s match.
    They told us that they found 5 possibles, with 2 real close ones (both from Germany).

Good Luck
    Jon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert