MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

BMT donor's risk

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board BMT donor's risk

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone, I haven’t posted recently but do read often. It is 9 months today (June 8) since Walden died and I am doing better than I would have thought. God has been good to me with supportive family and friends.
    My concern now is my 46 yo son with AML. Chris has been thru chemo since Nov., one long stay in hospital and 5 monthly 6 day trips. He seems to be doing pretty well. Now the siblings are being tested in case the next step is BMT. One of my daughters is concerned about the risk to herself if she is the match. She is newlywed and hoping to start a family but is reading online about the risk of Neupagen on fertility. The donor must take it in preparation. Anyone hear of this?
    So far, we only know that my youngest son (28) is not a match, other reports not yet known.

I always think about all of you and the painful thing we share. Blessings to all, Marie

Carrie

I really can’t help but I hope there isn’t a problem with the Neupogen and pregnancy.

Carrie

Terri

Marie, it is wonderful to hear from you even under the circumstances. I can’t answer your question but know I still think of you and your family so often. I hope your son continues on his path sounds like he is doing well.
    Continued prayers

Peace be with you.

Neil

Hi Marie,
    Suggest you call Amgen customer Service and ask about fertility issues and Neupogen.
    Also look at a search engine to check out sude effects
    Neil

KP2112

Glad to hear that you are doing well. I am not sure either about Neupogen and effects on pregnancy. Neuprogen is designed to facilitate white cell counts. I am assuming they want to give this to her so she will be feeling okay. Or it may be to pass more white blood cells on to her brother. In any event, it is best to discuss with someone and I think Neil’s suggestion to call Amgen is the best.

Take care,
    Karen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert