MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

BMT questions

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board BMT questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    amy a
    Participant

Hi – my name is Amy. I am new to the forum. My dad was diagnosed in Sept. with MDS, raeb-2. He is facing a bone marrow transplant in January. Our family is full of questions and want to know what to expect. We would love to hear from others who have had a transplant.

DonUK

Hello Amya, I can talk you through my experience of my partner having one. Sadly, we didn’t get the right outcome.

Is your dad’s transplant a mini or full blown ? Allogenic or autogenic?

There are some people on the board who have had successful transplants.

There is a lady (I’m sure she wouldn’t mind me mentioning her name for these purposes) called Ruth Cuadra who has a few web pages telling her own story. If you search on her name, you will find it.

take care,
    Don

amy a
    Participant

Don – thank you for responding. I read Ruth’s story, it was informative. I will share it with dad. His transplant is allogenic and a related donor (his brother). I am fairly sure it is a full blown transplant. There hasn’t been any talk of a “mini transplant”. I am sorry to hear about Karen. It is very kind of you to continue to share your story through the forum. I am hoping to hear from others who have transplant stories to share as well. Thank you again — Amy

SimonChai

Hi, Amya: I’m leaving for Seattle for a transplant on Monday so I can’t tell you my story yet, but I have found BMT-Talk helpful. Do you know the listserve?

Bone Marrow Transplant list (BMT-Talk)

E-mail list for those who have had or are facing Bone Marrow Transplants (BMT) or Peripheral Stem Cell Transplants (PSCT or PSCR). To subscribe:

e-mail:
    listserv@listserv.acor.org

subject:
    none (or add a dash if your mail program requires it)

subscribe bmt-talk your first and last name

If you have a signature, delete it.

You can also use the ACOR web interface for the BMT-TALK list.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert