MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Bone Marrow interpretation ?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Bone Marrow interpretation ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lydia

Mom’s doc told her “your disease is progressing” with no explanation and, of course, mom won’t ask. I assume he thinks it’s progressed to AML. Been on the internet searching. She won’t switch docs or come down her to Detroit to the Center for Excellence. Maybe she will when she gets really scared – soon I think. The Revlimid seemed to work for a while, but not anymore.

Anyway here are the numbers she gave me over the phone for the “new abnormality”. Can anyone interpret. Don’t know about spacing, etc. until I actually see her printout.

Karyotype:
    46XXdel5q13q33746idemt2-12p13q13(13)

Typed in “karyotype” on web at Wikipedia.org and got tons of info but not details that I need.

Did find out that Philadelphia chromosone is not 13q or 15q as above but forget what it was.

Planning on going to doc with her asap for next visit.

shirlsgirl

Hi Lydia,

Here is a great link that helped me with my mom’s abnormal chromosomes.

http://atlasgeneticsoncology.org/

When you click on the chromosome you’re interested in..(eg chromosome 5), you will be directed to a page where you can be more specific (ie. del 5q) and when you click on that you will get alot of information about etiology, treatment etc…

Philadelphia chromosome is t(9:22) …mom had half – t(9:21)

Sorry to hear that Revlimid is no longer helping your mom, hope you hear some positive news soon.

Take care,

Jody

Lydia

Thanks Jody, will visit that site after this and hopefully find different info that I found already.

Typed in human cytogenetics since posted and found lots – been there for hours. One place said 13q is common in MDS. Then another said with 5q and now 13q – not good – 10-12 months survival. I hope this is not true of course still numb since reading it.

Thanks for reply. So grateful for this forum and all the support and info we share. . .

Jody – just got back from your site – it was the same place I found – you know how you eventually get somewhere and don’t know how. Anyway same news will have to deal with it. Can’t imagine how mom will feel – not going to tell her – no wonder the doc didn’t give details. Not sure if info pertains to her case but sounds like it. Can I put in some swear words here? Thanks again!

Wish I wouldn’t have searched – ignorance is so much better – temporarily at least.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert