MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Bone Marrow Transplant

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Bone Marrow Transplant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    txplumber

I have just started my process for a bone marrow transplant. I have MDS and have tried most medications. I am transfusion dependent. Can someone give me some insight as to the process is for a BMT? I Have MDS txplumber@gmail.com

PupsRule

Roger, try http://www.marrow.org — lots of great information about the process, comparatives on different facilities, and more.

This is my first post to the group — was just diagnosed 3 weeks ago and started my first cycle of Vidaza last week.

Grateful for this forum.

txnmomma

Roger..

I just emailed you right now..

txnmomma

I will be emailing you some info asap
    smile

paml

Roger,

Just checked your website Ihavemds and found you’ve shut down. Drop the forum a note so we know where you are in the transplant process.

Pam L.

txnmomma

Roger..

I hope all is well. Please keep in touch.

LynnI
    Participant

I sent him an email the other day, wondering how he is doing especially after seeing that his website is down.
    I have not received a reply.

Has anyone had recent contact with him?

Lynn

txnmomma
    Quote:
    Originally posted by LynnI:
    I sent him an email the other day, wondering how he is doing especially after seeing that his website is down.
    I have not received a reply.

Has anyone had recent contact with him?

Lynn

Lynn..
    I sent him an email last night [11/2] to check on him and see how he is doing. I have corresponded with him a few times over the last few months. I hope he replies. I will post something if he replies to me.

Wendy

txplumber

Thanks for the emails. I turned 41 over the weekend and have just went through my first regiment of Decitabine. Not feeling that good, lonely more than anything else.

txnmomma

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

How is the Dacogen [Decitabine] working for you? How are you feeling? Any side effects or reactions it?

Some have success with it while others do not have good success. I hope Dacogen works great for you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert