MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Cautiously optimistic

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Cautiously optimistic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    lucym

Well Mom started her 2nd round of decitabine on Wednesday, she will finish on Tuesday. She has been getting plt tx 2x a week, once from one of my siblings (Tuesdays) and once from a HLA matched donor (Fridays) Yesterday her plt count was 14 and today it was 22 with out a tx. I know it does not sound like much but my Mom has not increased with out a tx since she started tx in January. Her HGB was 10 today she last got blood 7 days ago and procrit on Tuesday. She was receiving redblood 2 or 3 times a week. The WBC is going up it was over 3 today but we are not sure if that is the AML or her true WBC, still a little confused on that. Hopefully this round of chemo is not as bad as the last symptom wise. We started her on an appetite stim. and she has begun to eat a little more each day. We switched to plastic forks and such because the stainless made everything taste worse. She is having a lot of pain in her shins. I think it is because she was in the hospital for so long and now she is going up and down stairs and walking a lot more. Only time will tell, God I pray this drug is working.
    All the best
    Lucy

patti

Lucy,

I’m so glad things are starting to look up. And I know so much what that little jump in platelets means. Take care and hang in there.

Patti

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert