MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Cellulitis

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Cellulitis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Angie W.

My father had a squamous cell cancerous area removed from his leg last week. He has since developed cellulitis. He is on Sulfa and Mytac. A few questions: Is this something that will go away with medication? Is there the possibility he will be hospitalized because of this? What should we be looking for in terms of complications? Does he run the risk of developing cellulitis again from this point on? Is this the sign of a more serious issue that has developed?

Thank you for any insight you can give me.

Angie

shirlsgirl

Hi Angie,

Found some info. on cellulitis. Basically it is a bacterial infection of the skin. I think if your Dad’s cellulitis is improving with the antibiotics that he has been prescribed, he won’t need to be hospitalized. However, if he is experiencing fever, or if there’s no improvement with current meds he may be admitted to be administered IV antibiotics. How is he feeling? Hope he’s feeling better soon.

Jody

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000855.htm

Angie W.

Jody, thanks for the info. We’re still fairly new to this MDS game and I’m just uncertain what we’re dealing with. He’s actually on Myrac not Mytac…At this point, he seems to be responding to it. He is probably not staying off of his leg as much as he should. Hard to get him to sit still. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert