MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Clorfarabine Clinical Trial Began 1/7

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Clorfarabine Clinical Trial Began 1/7

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    cherylm

Hi all,

Back from another weekend with my dad at Presbyterian. So far only good reports. We are very hopeful. Follow up bmb is scheduled for early this week so I will let everyone know.

Jas174…emial me directly with any questions or you can call if you want to discuss.

Cheryl

jaxem

cheryl
    where are you? it has been several months since I’ve seen you post. I’m anxious to know the status of your dad’s clofaribine treatment.

cherylm

Hi all,

For those of you who haven’t read other posts, my dad passed away on Feb 19th. He had just finised his second round of clofarabine and was pretty much in remission. We were waiting for his counts to come back up. The doc figured another 2 weeks and he’d be home. Unfortunately he got an infection and developed complications with his heart and kidney (he only had one). From the time we got the good news until he died it was a mere 3 days. He know what was happening and my brother, my mom and myself didn’t leave his side for a minute. It was the longest and shortest 72 hours of my life. We got to share a our feelings and to thank him for being such a fighter and a great dad and husband. His last words were that he would love us forever. We all held him as he drew his last breath. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever been through. I’m so grateful that my family shares such a closeness, that there were no regrets and nothing left unspoken. I don’t know that I’ll be back on the boards very much but I want you all to know that I’ll keep you in my prayers. Make sure you tell you family how much you love them every day! Feel free to email me if you have any questions on the clofarabine treatment my dad had. Peace to all…Cheryl

poppyshope

Cheryl,
    I am so sorry for your loss, and feel so bad for you. I will keep you, and your family, in my thoughts and prayers, Jen

Russ P.

Cheryl, May you be comforted by your memories and the fact that your father’s love for you goes on. I pray our heavenly father will be your solace in the days ahead.
    Russ

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Cheryl,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Take comfort in the closeness of your family.

Thank you for the reminder of letting our loved ones know how we feel. You and your family are in our prayers.

Mary and Mike

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert