MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

CMML Causes

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board CMML Causes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JulesH

Does anyone have a history of radiation exposure at sometime in their past. I have read that this form of leukemia was much higher than normal in Nagasaki and Hiroshima, Japan due to the radiation exposure to A-bomb survivors.
    Back in 1948 I was given radiation treatments for Ringworm. These treatments caused my hair to fall out. I have also read that kids exposed to these treatments had a much higher incidence of CMML.

Jimbob

I was exposed to residue from depleted uranium rounds during the first Gulf war. I do believe that it is likely to have contributed to me developing CMML. I was also exposed to various pesticides, herbicides and benzene. These are also believed to be probable causes of cancer or leukemia. I believe that how we are affected by the numerous things we are exposed to depends upon our biological make-up first and then all of the other things that we have been exposed to up to the time we run into tthese possible causes. That it why others can be exposed and not be affected. Just my very humble opinion.
    Jim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert