MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dacogen affecting the lungs

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dacogen affecting the lungs

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    LuAnn

Hello everyone,
    Well here’s the update on my dad. The cancer group of docs at the hospital reviewed my dad’s case and determined that they needed a biopsy to diagnose him for treatment. They wanted to start conservatively so the decision was a broncoscopy. While this is a non-event procedure for most of us, for him there was a risk of collaped lung or excessive bleeding. We were all very nervous but knew it needed to be performed. Well the procedure was set for this Monday, Feb. 25th. We went for pre-surgery testing at the hospital this past Thursday. His dr. called me Thurs nite and told me he reviewed the x-ray taken that day and he could not find the spot on the lung. He wanted my dad to have a CT Scan Friday morning to see what was going on. Well, the spot on the lung was so diminished there is no need to have the broncoscopy! He sais it was probably a pneumonia and we only need to follow up in a few months. Last nite was the first restful nite sleep i have had since this began January 11th. I always thought it was either the dacogen or a pneumonia but no doc agreed with me. The surgeon we went to told us he was 98% sure it was lung cancer. Very scary. Glad he was wrong. One thing I learned is to believe your heart and never give in to negative thoughts. There’s always hope.

Zoe

LuAnn,

That is wonderful news!! Yes, hold on to that hope. And enjoy some much needed restful sleep.

Zoe

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert