MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

dad knows what is happening.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board dad knows what is happening.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    karenkay

They are trying to get him into the hospice at the VA, but I won’t know until Monday.
    Right now he is off the IVs, taking pill antibiotics, clear of c-diff and checking on pnemonia.
    He cried a lot tonite and would just start to cry and suck it up. He wouldn’t let it go and cry. I so wish he could have.
    I told him I am with him all the way. He said he is scared.
    It is so hard to leave somone who’s heart is aching, but he said he had enough of me for the night and wanted me to go home. I understood.
    We’re going to be ok, one way or another.
    He hasn’t eaten squat in 5 days, isn’t drinking unless I am right there practically forcing it on him and I think in his heart he is giving up.
    I am sad tonite, my friends.
    karenk

patti

Karen,

A few weeks ago I was sitting right where you are. So sad at knowing the impending. And so much has changed in two weeks. At least for now. I think you are very right about maybe him giving up now that he knows the truth.

I think that’s why we keep getting confounded trying to find out with mom – I think God doesn’t want mom to know right now. She’s got a daughter to take care of and her giving up is not an option – but I think she would. I also think it is such a normal part of life and the whole dying process. If you can keep him talking about how he feels it will help him through it. And like you did, leaving when he’s done visiting. You’re doing everything you should right now and that’s all you can do. It is sad though. Acknowledging that for yourself is important to. Take good care. Hang in there.

Patti

CarolineG

Karenkay,

Know that we are all here for you sending you thoughts and prayers.

No matter how prepared we are for what is to come, I don’t think that we are ever totally prepared. At least I know that I am not.

Talk again tomorrow.

Caroline

sugarwhale

Dear KarenKay,
    I’m sitting here thinking of what to say to make you feel better. You wanna know something? KarenKay, I’m scared too. I’m not even sick. But I’m scared, and I think, to a point, every human being is. But I will say this: The things that happen to us are natural. We can’t do anything about them. But we can love each other while we can. We can give our lives our best shot. We can not give up. I was so close to my dad when he died. He told me that he expected me to live the kind of life that would make him proud. That gave me the motivation not to give up. Yes, KarenKay, I’m scared too. But none of us should give up. We have to strive to make use of the Life we have as best we can. Hang in their with your dad. He needs you; he’s GOT you; and you’ve got HIM.
    I have one very tiny idea: How to get him to…eat. My mom went through a time when she didn’t want to eat or drink anything. I made such a PEST of myself! She had to eat something just to get rid of me! That might work for your dad. It’s just a thought…. Also, if he ate, he might feel better and even get better.
    KarenKay, I am thinking about you. We all are. I don’t think any of us here is alone anymore, and that’s a nice feeling.
    ~~~ Janet

Terri

Karenk, Continued prayers are coming your way, this is such a terrible disease.
    God Bless

Ensnee

Karen, all of us here have so much to deal with — it’s mind-boggling, isn’t it? I’m so sorry your dad and you, and your family, are going through this. Sending you many hugs and prayers for peace.

Esme

VIOLA

Karen, I’m thinking about You and pray for You and Your Dad!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert