MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Darn

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marsha

Hi everyone,

Haven’t been on here for awhile, but have tried to keep up with everyone’s plight. I have been doing great at 18 months post BMT; had been working about 24 hrs a week; just got a new job at the same company different dept; started Mon, am now out of work with “Shingles” this is quite common in BMT/SCT patients; my doc said it is a pretty mild case due to the fact that I’m still on acyclovir and predisone (which I was hoping to get off, oh well) the great news in all of this is the fact that my body is putting up a good fight and that’s a good thing. I am out of work for a few days and taking advantage of it by doing fun things, rest, and catching up with friends on this site. I pray and think of all the people in the past,present,and future who are fighting and wish you all the strength to fight. Each day something new comes out and new people are doing research all time. So with that I wish all to BE HAPPY, BE SAFE, AND STAY HEAlTHY.

Marsha

Jack_dup1

Hi Marsha,
    Sorry about the slight setback, but extremely glad things have gone well for you. I remember when you first logged onto the site, you were very concerned about your diagnoses and where to get treatment. Yours is a good lessen for the newer members who have gotten the terrible news and fear the worst.
    Jack

Suzanne

Marsha. If you are running around having fun while you have shingles you do have a light case! I got them a few months after I finished the heavy chemo and I told my docs I would rather have chemo again the a recurrance of shingles-talk about something hurting! They too told me it was not unusual and my body fought it off just fine but I sure did not feel great during the fight!Glad your case is light!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert