MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Day 1 post BMT

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Day 1 post BMT

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I just got my new bone marrow cells yesterday. On day one things are still very good. Mild mucus thickening that is easly handled by salt water rinses.

Biggest problem I have had is stuff unrelated to the transplant. Had several infections in the week prior to the transplant and reaction to having to stop arthritus medication, again in one leg that made it impossiblie to walk. The infections are gone, had to go before the transplant. The leg issue is resolving albeit slowly. I am able to walk around the hosp. halls.

On the whole a thumbs up experience so far, and I hope for a long period to follow.

frank
    Participant

good news, hope you are going better and better…

Suzanne

Great news. hope those thumbs stay way up!

sarah

Great news!

Terri

wonderful news

gemloyear

I’m so glad that it has been a good experience for you, Keep that positive attitude. I wish you a complete recovery free from MDS.
    ellie

Kathryn

Best wishes for continued thumbs up!

Kathryn

Ani

Great news, may it continue to work well for you.
    Positive thoughts and blessings,
    Ani

Lolam

It’s been a long journey but finally the day arrived! That is good news smile

I will be joining you soon, I have been holding my breath..I keep telling myself, “Breathe, breathe”

You have been so much on my mind. Now that your day finally arrived I guess mine will too…. eek

For you, may the next days be up up and away!!!

Naomi

Great News. Hope all continues to go well
    Naomi

Jimbob

Bill,
    Keep us posted. You may want to look into CaringBridge.org to keep a journal. You are likely to forget a lot of the things that seem horrible at the time they occur but insignificant once you have gotten past them.
    We are all pulling and praying for you and Mary,too.
    Jim

shirlsgirl

Hi Bill!

Hey, I’m so glad to hear the great news! Hope things continue to get better.

Take care,

Jody

Carrie

Happy new birthday! I hope the rest of the experience goes well.

Carrie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert