MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dear All

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    waltraut

Sometime last year I contacted this list with regards to my brother just diagnosed with MDS. I had hoped that he would possibly join this list and would get some comfort from others….

My brother died on July 12th, his MDS had turned into leukemia and after receiving yet another chemo (with the itend on bone marrow transplant)he contracted a massive infection that damaged his heart.

Hugs to all of you.

Waltraut
    Namibia

eve

my deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your brother

eve

Terri

I am so sorry to hear this sad news, My Prayers are with you

bety

I was very saddened to hear about your brother’s lost battle with mds. My prayers are with you and yours. All the best, bety

jaxem

waltraut
    very sorry for your loss. may i ask how old your brother was?

Alice S
    Participant

So sorry to hear your news, at least know that he is in a better place, pain free and his spirit is whole again. It’s not easy but take care and see him flying!
    Hugs
    Alice

waltraut

Thank You All so much for your kindness.

My brother was 40 years old!

Hugs to All

Waltraut
    Namibia

Bkwits

I am so sorry for your loss of your brother. He was so young to have this terrible disease. I feel that his spirit will live on and give you comfort in time. God Bless.
    Barb

Russ P.

Prayers for God’s Grace to comfort and sustain you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert