MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

decitibine working we think

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board decitibine working we think

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kristyk

Mom just got her BMB results back this am and it shows 4% blasts. She has completed 4 cycles of the decitbine. Starting her 5th today. Blasts 30% in November when she transformed to AML. Still no major side effects of the chemo as far as how she feels. WBC stays kina low…my only concern at the moment.

I think this might be working for her. I’m going to st.louis to take her for her chemo this weekend, I’ll learn more. For the moment I’m thrilled. Kristy

sdrake

kristyk,

That is great news. I hope you get even more good news this weekend.

Take care,
    sdrake

lynette

Kristy,
    Great news. I know how happy you must feel!!
    Lynette

shirlsgirl

Hi Kristy,

That’s great news! It’s so great that she is tolerating the chemo so well. Hoping that since she is feeling good that it’s a positive indicator that her body is handling the chemo well.

best wishes to you and your mom,

Jody

kristyk

thanks sdrake, lynette and Jody. I appreciate the encouragement. I am hopeful, though I don’t have the full report in front of me…still 4 is less than 30, certainly going in the right direction anyway you look at it.
    I am wondering though about wbc which is 1.1. (odd how the tides turn, Will it come back up??? My understanding is that she will stay on this drug as long as it works, possibly for life..although low dose, I would think a monthly zap of chemo would never allow it to come up…any thoughts out there?
    Kristy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert