MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Dee – more vitamin stuff

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Dee – more vitamin stuff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    patti

Dee,

I can’t believe I didn’t think about this sooner! My MIL is also taking Vitamin K 3x’s a day to help with blood clotting. I was reminded of that today when she called me and said she needed more. But there’s one really important thing – almost all Vit. K’s out there are 100 MCG or less. That’s not enough. If you go to Vitamin Shoppe on 185th at Tanasbourne or to the Vitamin Shoppe website you can get the high Vit. K. I think it’s 9gms or something like that. But it’s way higher than anything else we’ve been able to find. Her naturapath absolutely said to use it. She said there are no concerns about using it because clotting is obviously not going to be an issue for someone with low platelets. You might try the Vit. K. Although it won’t increase your platelets, it can greatly help with any bleeding issues. I know they have you on a drug to try and control that but the Vit. K would be much more natural and not have any side effects. Don’t know if what you’re taking does have side effects.

Hope this helps.

Patti

Terri

Hi Patti, Bob takes the Vit K as well from Vitamin shoppe too, our nutritionist suggested it. But Not sure how many he takes a day He only has a nose bleed occassionally.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert