MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Diarrhea w/ Red Blood Stains

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Diarrhea w/ Red Blood Stains

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    choijk

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone ever experienced this symptom. My father is on day 5 of Revlimid at 10mg and he experienced this since yesterday (Saturday). I plan to call our hematologist tomrorow but I am worried sick to my stomach. Any advice or insight? He is also on Exjade at 500 mg. No other health problems that we are aware of….

June

choijk

Opps, I should add that he noticed it when he wiped…. I’m sorry if this is too graphic. I read through all the past posts re: diarrhea but I wasn’t able to find any posts regarding this, and wasn’t sure if it was because its a senstive topic area…..

choijk

Just in case anyone comes across this situation, just wanted to relay what our hematologist said. He said not too worry if its just a little but if its a lot, then I should bring my dad in and he can adjust the dose of the Revlimid. He also suggested Imodium.

eve

hi june

personally i think any bleeding from the rectum no matter how little should be checked out – it might just be a hemorroid but it might be something else

my dad had slight bleeding and it turned out to be an ulcer – he was given medication and eventually the ulcer cleared up

good luck

eve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert