MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Do blasts increase automatically

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Do blasts increase automatically

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hope&faith

I was wondering if blasts increase automatically after reading a message posted it looked like each month they went up. Is that usual, does anyone know? My father in law has been diagnosed via a bone marrow biopsy with MDS RAEB and 12% blasts at this time.

Thank you

Jimbob

hope&faith,

I do not mean to make fun of you, but the way you posted made me smile: “I was wondering if blasts increase automatically after reading a message posted….” Before I continued, I was thinking that we better stop reading messages.

I sure that you meant that it seems, from what someone else had posted, that it appears to be normal for blasts to increase automatically. I do not think that is the case. My blasts went down for a while after I was told that they were likely to stay at a fairly constant level for a long time and things would just smolder. Unfortunately, in my case, other things happened and I had an extreme increase in blasts and WBC count in just a few days.

Hope and pray that your father-in-law’s numbers remain fairly stable.

Jim

sugarwhale

Dear Hope&Faith,
    I can’t really answer your question. My guess is that everybody is different. However, my mom was diagnosed with MDS and CLL about 3 years ago; she had few–if any–blasts then and few now also. Hope this helps!
    ~~~Janet

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert