MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Electric Scooter

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Electric Scooter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Britt

Hello, I tried search and came up with nothing. I was wondering if there were any organizations that loan out scooters for the disabled? Any lead would be appreaciated. I live in Sonoma/Marin County (Northern California. Thank you everyone.
    Britt

lindajo

Here if your doctor says that you qualify for an electric scooter then Medicare or our state insurance medicaid pays for it at no cost to the patient.

After the patient dies many scooters are available from families that no longer need them. Check on E-Bay and check with your Area Agency on Aging to see what is available in CA.

Neil

Hi Britt,
    Go to: http://www.thescooterstore.com
    This site has all the info you need.

Terri

http://www.hoveround.com/gl.html
    This is where we got Bob’s

Sandy M

Hi Britt, just wanted to say hello and that I grew up in Santa Rosa and now live in Lake County

Britt

I want to thank all of you for sharing your information with me.
    Hello Sandy, I was born and raised in San Rafael. I’ve spent many a summer at Lakeport. It’s way too hot for me up there. I am so sorry that your Joe didn’t make it. I’m impressed that you are still a member. I bet you have been a big help to many people.
    Britt

shirlsgirl

Hi Britt,

Have you had any success in finding a scooter?

My mom’s boyfriend purchased one recently (he has really bad knees). I just saw it last night..very nice! It comes in 3 pieces that assemble quite easily, so it can easily fit in the trunk of his car. Plus, it has a nice sized basket and it’s a gorgeous shade of red. He likes it very much. I didn’t notice the manufacturer, please let me know if you need more info.

BTW, how is Patrick doing with the Prednisone?

Take care,

jody

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert