MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Essiac Tea and WONDERFUL NEWS!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Essiac Tea and WONDERFUL NEWS!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    sugarwhale

Dear Ani,
    I can’t tell you whether the Esiak Capsules are freeze-dried, and I can’t tell you whether the capsules are the best preparation. All I can tell you is that my mom is eating everything in sight, going out to parties, chasing me around the house, etc. She looks better. She feels better. And her CBC was better. I wish I could help more, but I’m as confused as everyone else. All I can tell you is that the teabags did NOT work for my mom.
    I’ve been to Kaslo. Actually, I remember the old mining towns nearby. I love your part of the world!
    ‘Sorry I can’t help more. But I wish you well. As time rolls on, we’ll all be able to share information here. That’d be nice! Happy Holidays to you, Ani!
    ~~~ Janet

diner

Janet, thanks for getting back to me. I keep thinking of your mom and what she does at 88. My mom is 85 and use to be full of it (actually she still is). She’s a great mom but has so many things wrong with her that she rarely will go anywhere. We did have a 85th birthday for her though and she had a blast. She loves attention.
    I’m her only daughter so she depends on me a lot.
    Anyway about the capsules. You’re right about things being confusing. The Issiac site said the pills are a disgrace to the herb. Brother! I don’t think I’d go that far. Anyway I’m following the directions which say to take on an empty stomach and wait an hour before eating (that’s hard). Thanks for all the info. and take care of your sweet mom. Dee

sugarwhale

Dear Dee,
    Thanks so much! Yes, the Web sites are conflicting and confusing. All I know is that my mom is feeling better. She’s out again now as I write this. There are a lot of wonderful things about my mom; one thing is that she does NOT depend on me for much. She’s fond of telling people that we live in separate houses NOT because we don’t love each other, but because we DO! It works better this way. I’m an only child too, since my sister died.
    My mom DOES have some sniffles, although this is better than it was yesterday. It could be Essiac and it could be…Christmas trees! I get it every year, and I don’t take Essiac! We’ll see! But she’s definitely feeling better. She has more energy, she’s happier, she looks better. Merry Christmas to you, Dee!
    ~~~ Janet

sugarwhale

Dear Forum Friends,
    This is the latest update on my mom and Essiac tea capsules. My mom mentioned that she felt “a bit tired” today. I asked some questions to determine if the Essiac was still working. Well, she’s tired because she raked the leaves up in the front and backyards, bagged them, added stuff to the compost pile, baked 2 pies and did a bit of shopping at the MAUL. “Oh,” she says, “I’ll be fine after I sit down for a few minutes!” She’s got more energy than I have! Damn.
    Merry Christmas, Channukah Tovah, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all of you!
    Your friend,
    Janet

patti

Janet you made me laugh out loud! No kidding, I think I need some of this tea. I’m ready for bed by 3:00pm after chasing my three!

Glad to hear your mom’s doing so well. What a blessing!

Patti

shirlsgirl

HA! Oh my goodness Janet, I don’t have that much energy and I’m 36!!! I spent a couple of hours helping out at my daughter’s school today, and now I’m ready for a nap. laugh

So glad to hear that things are going so well with your mom, and thanks for the laugh!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

All the best, Jody

CarolineG

Janet,

Do you think that when your Mom is finished at her place, she would be willing to come up here and help me get ready for Christmas? I am so far behind my TO DO list is as long as my arm.

Kidding aside…I am thrilled to hear that she is doing so well. Give her a BIG hug. She deserves it.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Ani

Hi Janet,

Meant to reply a day or so ago. Kaslo is such a little place its always great to hear when someone knows of it, gorgeous surroundings on a long lake and in the mountains. In fact we chose to come here from our tropical island in the Pacific when we moved to Canada 14 years ago.
    Wanted to ask just how long has your mother been taking the Essiac caps? They seem to be doing so much good for her, I pray they continue to do so.

Happy Christmas from Kaslo!
    Ani

sugarwhale

Dear Ani,
    I believe my mom has been taking Essiac caps for about 4-5 weeks. She continues to do very, very well. As I write this, she is making turkey soup. This morning she again went to the MAUL! She didn’t sleep well last night–because she is excited about the holidays! HaHa! Quite frankly we are amazed at the Essiac caps. Some Web sites say they don’t work, they’re not approved, etc. etc. All I can tell you is that SOMETHING has made my mom feel much, much better! We can’t imagine that it’s anything BUT the Essiac. Her mind is now on positive things: holidays, cookies, shopping. She isn’t preoccupied with blood transfusions, Revlimid, dying and MDS.
    Yes, Kaslo is lovely, as is most of Canada. Canadian literature and history is my lifelong hobby, since about the age of 10. There is one thing I dread in B.C. though: Climbing that awful hill between Salmo and Creston! Lord, who invented that nightmare!? It is more than made up for by Nanaimo Bars, Summerland Sweets and fresh wild salmon though!
    Merry Christmas, Channukah tovah and a heartfelt Shalom to you and to everyone, Ani!
    ~~~ Janet

sugarwhale

Hello, dear Forum Friends, and Merry Christmas,
    This is just an update on my mom. I found the exact date when she began using the Esiak caps: December 4. She’s still baking. She’s still doing housework. She cooked us both a big breakfast this morning. She’s eating like a horse! She feels good. She says she’s tired, but I can see why! She is now overdue for a transfusion. She just said she “hopes she doesn’t need one next week either.” We’ll see. She is definitely BETTER and BETTER. I think I told one of you that she’d been taking the caps for over a month. It has only been 3 weeks, so it’s even more impressive than I thought. Her one problem: She is now suffering from an overdose of…chocolate!
    Love and care to all of you,
    Janet

sugarwhale

Dear Forum Friends,
    Here’s the latest update on my mom and Essiac Tea. She had a transfusion today. However, her Hg and RBC was HIGHER today (after one month) than it was the last time (after less than 3 weeks). Briefly put, the Essiac WORKS!!! Our fine doctor also noticed that OTHER statistics from the CBC were much better. He looked at my mom’s liver/kidney function and said, “Boy, you’re in really GREAT shape!” Our doctor also said that he was introducing his other patients to Essiac Tea!
    Friends, it WORKS! I need to share this with all of you! Now, it doesn’t work QUICKLY. Don’t expect to take one capsule and be cured of MDS! No! However, you can expect gradual, very gradual, improvement.
    Happy, happy New Year to all of you!
    Yours, in friendship,
    Janet

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert