MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Excellent hemoglobin doctor in northeast Oklahoma

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Excellent hemoglobin doctor in northeast Oklahoma

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zeke

Can anybody recommend a very good hemoglobin (MDS) / doctor preferably with a nutrition backaground in northeastern Oklahoma?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Zeke,
    Try this link. It lists several docs that list hematology as a specialty in Tulsa. There is also a list in the upper corner of the page that will show you hemos in other cities in northeast OK
    http://www.healthgrades.com/local-doctors-directory/byspecialty/hematology
    You will have to contact them, interview them & pick 1 or 2 that have MDS experience

Zeke

Thanks!

lindajo

Hi, I am from across the border in Pittsburg Kansas. My doctor is Dr. George River at Mt. Carmel Medical Center here in town.

He had previously been at Freeman Cancer in Joplin Mo. The best doctor currently there is Dr. Anissa Hassan. She has substituted for Dr. River from time to time.

Dr. River had been at Freeman and then transferred to Pittsburg this year. They both have had experience with MDS and have kept up on the research on our diagnosis.

I could recommend either of them, but Dr. River is the best. We might be closer to you than Tulsa. Linda Jo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert