MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

ferratin level at 7000

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board ferratin level at 7000

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    marlene

Chris,

Have you considered taking your Exjade two hours after you eat breakfast instead? It may be a bit easier on you. You just need to take around the same time each day, and either 30 minutes before eating or 2 hour after eating.

John takes his in the evening 30 minutes before dinner.

Just a thought.

Marlene

cthomas555

Marlene,

Yeah, I agree that I need to work out another schedule. Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris

covergirl

Just an FYI for those on Exjade. Keep an eye on your WBCs as it caused mines to drop enough to take me off Exjade. My WBCs had not been a problem before. Not a listed side effect, but as soon as I went of it, my WBCs came back up.

Best of luck to all of you using the Exjade.

Cindy

I had the same problem with Exjade – lowering of the white blood cells. I am also looking at it possibly putting me into thrombocytopenia (low platelets) when I added Revlimid to the mix. I have been off Exjade for three weeks and my WBC’s have improved.
    I restarted Revlimid and my platelets are going down but not as fast. Hgb is doing well this time.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert