MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

fever chills 24-48 hrs. after tx

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board fever chills 24-48 hrs. after tx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JaniceR

My father’s been getting the chills and a slight fever after each transfusion 24-48 hours later and it only comes on at night and lasts for one night. Then he’s good for weeks until the next transfusion. The dr. is going to do a ctscan of his chest and abdomen and run some more tests, thinking he might have some kind of infection. But why would it only come on after being tx and why would it only last one night? He doesn’t think it’s a reaction to the tx because it’s almost 2 days later that he gets it. Any ideas?

Russ

Janice, I often get night sweats from tx but I think it might be all the saline fluid plus the tranfusion. Once they gave me a little lasix in the IV to reduce the fluid.

JaniceR

He got admitted to the hospital today and started with IV antibiotics until they figure out what/where the infection is. He has a cough, so maybe it’s walking pneumonia or bronchitis (?)

lynette

Hi Janice,
    Sorry to hear that your Dad is in the hospital. Infection is a probable cause. Is the fever/chills after the Decitibine? A possible s/e is fever.
    Take care,
    Lynette

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert