MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

FINALLY on Revlimid

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board FINALLY on Revlimid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carl

I finally got on Revlimid yesterday and I am so glad the medication is now available for MDS, particularly in my case since I have the 5q- chromosome abnormality. It took a week and a half after the local doc. wrote the precription for me to actually get the drug since it has to come from one of 19 pharmacies in the U.S.

The side effects don’t apprear to be any worse, or possibly even better, than the Thalidomide I was on for so long.

I’ll keep yall updated.

Naomi

Hi Carl:
    Hope you do as well as I have on the revlimid. I have been on it since Nov 03 and will continue to take it as long as my red counts stay up. The side effects were very minimal compared to thalidomide for me. After a time they just become a part of normal routine.
    Good Luck
    Naomi

sugarwhale

Dear Carl and Naomi,
    My mom is in your same boat: She will get the Revlimid in a couple of days, about 2 weeks after the doctor prescribed it. I was glad to read both of your posts. My mom had a lot of side effects with the thalomid. Our wonderful doctor says she’ll do fine on the revlimid. We had a great deal of trouble getting it; it was downright disgraceful. I don’t know what we’d do if we didn’t have our doctor.
    Best of luck to both of you!
    ~~~ Janet

andrew

hi there
    My mother has been on Thalidomide 25g every other night for 1 year now and here haemoglobin is around 12.8 – she will be able to access Revlimid when it comes out in the UK. How long do people – on average – stay on it?

CarolineG

Carl,

Best of luck with the Revlimid. Also, to anyone else who is finally able to get it.

Caroline

Naomi

Andrew:
    It isn’t known how long. I started Nov 03 and am still taking it. Doc said as long as it keeps my crit up I can stay on it for the rest of my life.
    Maybe they are suing me for long term effects. laugh
    Naomi

Naomi

That was supposed to be using . Sorry
    Naomi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert