MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Found books on getting patient to eat

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Found books on getting patient to eat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jimbob

I cannot remember who was having problems getting a family member to eat and had asked for suggestions. Whoever it was, I had told them that I would find a book and send it to them if they could not get it locally. I am too tired to search through the postings to find who it is so please speak up.
    I found:
    “What to Eat When You Don’t Feel Like Eating”, by James Haller, published by Robert Pope Foundation and distributed by SmithKline Beecham Pharmeceuticals.
    also
    “Eating Hints, Tips & Recipeis for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment”, prepared by the National Cancer Institute and provide through Cerenex Pharmaceuticals
    I originally got the books from the patient library at my BMT clinic or through the hospitals social services. If whoever it was is still in need, and cannot find copies locally, I will send these to you.
    Jim

Caroline

Hi Jim.

It was ME. My Dad was eating sluggishly back when we were discussing nutrition. Now, he isn’t eating at all.

I looked for the book in the office library we had our visit last week but it was not there. I would love to have a copy. I don’t know how to send you my address. Could you instruct me please?

THANK YOU JIM.

Caroline

Caroline

Jim,
    I figured it out. Outlook Express doesn’t work on this computer so I used my own account. If you don’t get the email, let me know and I will try again.

Thanks,
    Caroline

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert