MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Frank – vidaza?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Frank – vidaza?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    patti

Hi Frank,

Was just thinking about you and your girls and was wondering how you’re doing with the Vidaza treatments? Are you handling it okay? Hang in there.

patti

frank
    Participant

yeah,

i am okey with the drug, not the shut site.

i will get my last shut today, the most unpleasane thing for me is the shut site, it is ichy and red, pretty annoy. i think i got 140mg/day for 7 days(any idea???), the antinausea drug cause me a big headach, after stop it(sometime just one) i felt much better.

i still don’t feel it cause me something, maybe it is not the time yet or i am young for this… i took a walk everyday, just the 1st day made me a little worry, but after i stop the antinausea drug, i am okey.

hope it can help me, i will let you guys know.

thanks

Frank

Terri

Hi Frank, We Ice Bobs area before he gets the shots and it helps with the redness. Also if the nurses do the shots straight and not on an angle less bruising as well, also they put it in very slowly.
    We use Arnica Gel (You should be able to find this at a health food or pharmacy We put it on the are after and it helps heal the shot areas better.

Hope you are doing well. Bob does not experience the headaches with the Zofran odt.

patti

Frank,

Glad to hear your hanging in there. I can’t help much with the vidaza issues but sounds like terri has you covered with that. smile Keeping you in my thoughts.

patti

frank
    Participant

yesterday is the 15th days after first shut of vidaza, i have my CBC out, my WBC is 2.67, HGB is 7.4(may need transfusion again), my plts droped to (from 145) 27, which is a little scared. i have to get another CBC on Sat. to make sure my PLT and HGB level, hope i don’t need the tranfusion.

it seems the Vidaza is pretty scared drug, hope this is the worst point i have.

Frank

Kathryn

Hey Frank,

you should be getting through the “worst” days right now and I bet your counts will go back up. I would imagine that you are handling it better because of your age and you had been taking such good care of yourself prior to it. It is great that you could go on walks & keep moving…I am only a year older than you and I can’t imagine the impact this has had on your life and your family.

You are in my prayers and I am wishing you the best.

Take care,

Kathryn

Terri

Hi Frank, Bob takes a lot of Vitamins and Supplements for the Immune system as well as B12/ B complex to help with the counts. His plts
    stay pretty consistant never been has high as yours but now they stay high 60’s to high 70’s.
    HGB is pretty consistant to High 10’s low 11’s.
    We utilize a Nutritionist for diet, and the supplements etc and it has seemed to help.
    TX free since Dec 03.

Hope the antinausea medicine gives you some relief from the headaches.
    Bob just finished his Sixth round and so far we are pretty happy with how it is going so is the Doctor.

On the Shots, try the ice thing before you get the shots, Make sure the nurse administering, is injecting it in very slowly, makes a difference.
    Bob just bruises we no longer get that redness in the area. We are using Arnica Gel on the shot sites for the bruising and it seems to help

Wishing you the best

frank
    Participant

if the HGB never clime back after the vidaza, is that means the drug doesn’t work for me?

today is the 19 days after my first shot of vidaza, my PLT finally get back a little on weekend, so i don’t need to get plt. But my HGB is still low and dropping, probably i have to get blood today. so i do think i am fail at this time.

the other idea is comming out, since my blast level is very LOW(<3%), from the result of my first try, is it mean i may fail for the 2nd round? I really don't want to put myself in danger again, since we don't have helper to care for my twins, i have to be good there for them.

sometimes, it is really hard to make decision…

Frank

Terri

Frank, I would consider Contacting a nutritionist, Naturepathic etc and look into some vitamins and supplements that can help your immune system etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert