MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

God Called Kornel Home

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board God Called Kornel Home

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Sandy L

Dear Gloria,

I am so sorry for your loss. Take one day at a time. You are not alone.

Sandy

Engel

Dear Karen,
    Thank you for your encouraging words, the pain is so bad. My husband and I have been married 47 wonderful years, we were born in Hungary and lived in Germany after the war. I am 65 years old my husband was 69, I now have to take his ashes back to Hungary that is what he wanted. He always said that is where I was born and that should be my final resting place. This is so hard since he was not sick before and when he got MDS it was considered to be the mild kind and yet there is no easy road in this life. Karen, just love and hold on to your husband as hard as you can and ask lots of questions and don’t believe all the doctors tell you. Love, Gloria

Jimbob

Gloria,
    I offer sincere condolences. I know that your loss is great. I pray that God will provide you with a greater strength to help you and your family through this difficult time.
    Jim

Russ

Gloria, May the wonderful grace of God sustain and comfort you during this trying time. A prayer
    goes out for you.

KWJ

One day at a time. I think we are all in a 12 step program for life.

Hold on Gloria. As a daughter going hrough this, your girls need you still. And if you have grandkids, they need you too so much. My kids are really having a hard time with their Papa being so sick. It will literally break our hearts when he passes. He is my best friend as is my mom.

Try to stay strong. I know it is so hard.

SusanJ

Gloria,

I am so very sorry for your great loss. My prayers are with you. God promises not to put more on us than we can handle, but sometimes our burdens are so heavy. I do know that God will carry you through this painful time, please lean on him and know that you have a family here on this forum. We will lift you up and help you to get through these painful days. We love you.

Susan

willie

Gloria I cannot begin to tell you how I can cope. I think that I am just numb. My grieving started when Terry was first diagnosed 1 1/2 years ago. Pror to that she had Sweet’s. When her regular doctor told us to see a hemotologist/oncologist, I knew we were in for a rocky road. It was really tough on me and I think my wife was strong and positive for both of us. Now I am lucky that my work has been very understandinf for the past 1 1/2 years and continues to do so. It keeps me somewhat busy and connected. I try to shut out the memories where I think I could have done more and concentrate on the good ones. I truly do not know how I will progress without the other 1/2 of me but I know that I will.
    Your family and friends will really help you. Do not be afraid to talk about your loss and the memories you had – it will help. Willie

maueenh
    Participant

Gloria,

I am so sorry for your loss and have been thinking of you and your family often over the past couple of days. Please know that we are here for you.

Maureen

gemloyear

Gloria, I’m so sorry to hear of yor loss,you have my sincere sympathy and prayers. God Bless.
    Ellie

Engel

Thank you all dear friends, in one weeks time I received 106 sympathy cards and money was send to the MDS foundation in his name. I am taking his ashes with my daughter to our home town in Hungary and he will have a tombstone there, it was his last wish. I am also strongly questioning all that was done and not done during my husbands illness. Whatever you all do ask questions and keep records, only you know how you feel and how your loved one feels do not take anything for granted that the doctors tell you. This pain for me will never go away, but I will be out there fighting for all who have this horrible disease. Love you all, Gloria

Kathy7964

Gloria–I am so sorry for your loss and you and your family our in my prayers. My Dad suffers to from this horrible disease. My Mom and Dad have been married for 54 years and I am so lucky to have them both. I worry so much about my Mom too. Somehow I keep praying that God will give us the strength.

Kathy

sarah

Gloria, I know your pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Its the hardest loss of your life. Take it one day at a time. I pray for strength for us all.
    Sarah

Engel

Dear Sarah,
    I have a really hard time trying to cope and my oldest daughter lives next door and has been coming over to stay with me at night. During the day I have friends coming all the time. I pray daily to God to be able to accept this loss, I need closure, sofar I take one step forward and two steps back. I just received my husbands ashes and was hoping it would ease my pain some, but it did not. Thank for your kind and comforting words.Gloria

Naomi

Dear Gloria:
    I hope that your trip to Hungary will help you with all of your grief. Remember the good times. My prayers are with you.
    Naomi

shirlsgirl

Gloria,

I am so sorry.

Thinking of you and your family…

Jody

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert