MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Good News

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Good News

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

Hi all …

We talked about having a “good news” thread here on the forum. I would like to start it out this Thanksgiving week (here in the US) by saying how lucky and thankful I am to have the love of my life, Debbie, with me throughout this ordeal. And this weeek in particular, I am delighted that we are hosting all of our family for turkey day dinner. While this disease is frightening and quixotic, my QOL is still excellent and I look forward to a long life. I refuse to lose!!! So, on this start of the Holidays, I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas season. To all of you in Canada, the UK and elsewhere, have a great week also. Best wishes…

Jerry

Suzanne

Hi All!

Same here. So much to be thankful for!I will spend this holiday with my four children, two sons-in-law and 4 grandchildren. They will all be at my house for the big dinner-turkey and ham and I am getting out the good china and happily cooking for several days. A big difference from 2 years ago when they came to see me in the hospital hooked up to chemo and unable to taste the turkey dinner they brought! Miracles do happen with the help of a great medical team! A wish for Good days to everyone.

Terri

Include us too, WE are thankful for each day.
    Best wishes to all Here in the US for a Happy Thanksgiving and For ALL blessing for Good Health.

Sandy L

Jerry
    What a beautiful post. Thanks for reminding us that we all have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Turkey Day to all.

Sandy M

Jerry,
    I’ll tip my glass to your toast ! smile
    Hope all have a great new year with renewed strength to keep up the fight ! although my holiday’s have been faced with having to find a new place to live because the owners have decided to put the house I’m renting up for sale, I even wish them happy holidays and good luck in selling this beautiful house I live in,(the house Joe picked to rent lakeside) I have so much to be thankful for, my three healthy children ect. and my forum family…

patti

Jerry,

Excellent idea. I am so thankful to live in a country that is free. Today I read so many heartbreaking stories about the killing fields in Cambodia, the genecide that took place in Rwanda, etc. etc. It just touched my heart that we are such a free country. I pray that we will never squander the freedom God has given us here.

I am thankful for another year with mom when at this time last year we thought we were having our last Thanksgiving with her. I’m thankful for the God that saved me, the husband He gave me, and the 3 beautiful children he has on loan to me.

I’m thankful for this forum to ask questions of, share the burdens of others with, rant and rave when needed and share these thanksgiving blessings with.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all,

Patti

diner

Jerry, I’m so glad to see your post on being thankful. I’ve been struggling with this MDS a long time and am now on Vidaza. I have the most awsome husband and he is always by my side. We will be going to our youngest daughter’s for Thanksgiving along with our older daughter and 3 grandkids. Many blessings to you and God bless.
    Dee

Chiparoo

Jerry,

My hat is off to you! I’m afraid to admit that I get tired of all the “bad” news on this forum. I will NEVER put down a site like this that offers a place for all of us to share information and get prayers answered. But I have to admit, it feels rather grave at times. This disease is crappy enough than to feel even more down after reading some of the posts.

I admit. I have my down days. But I thank God that I’m a positive person and will fight this disease until it’s out of my body. I pray that all of you have something to be grateful for, so the focus can be on your healing and just how great life and living is. I have a wonderful wife and two precious little girls to give me hope every day of my MDS stricken life. Thanks again, Jerry, for starting a post that feels good and hopefully will last beyond the holidays. Have a turkey leg on me!

Chip
    ——————–
    48, Dx w/ RARS April 03. Long arm of chromosome #20 missing. Unsuccessful month w/Thalidomide (severe neuropathy) Jan 04. Dx w/RAEB Aug 05. 2 rounds of Vidaza. Procrit and Neulasta as needed. Vidaza stopped 11/05 – no sign of improvement. Regular transfusions. Found bone marrow match and donor. Waiting for transplant date.

Jerry

Chip ….

How did you know I was a dark meat eater?? Are you spying on me?? LOL!! I am so glad that others feel the same as I do. I try not to dwell on the negatives but on the positive aspects of my life. I am in a pretty damn good mood every morning when my feet reach the floor. Then I try to find something each day which make me happy or better yet, makes someone else happy. So, Happy Thanksgiving to you all and to all of your loved ones … Best wishes …

Jerry

CMH64

Good idea Jerry! I want to take a moment to thank all of the stem cell and bone marrow donors, related and unrelated, that have shared the gift of life with those in need of transplant. My husband’s brother was his donor and there will never be words to thank him for giving Troy another chance at life. Troy is one year post transplant and doing well. We are learning to live the lives of retired people now rather than the life of people dealing with a life threatening illness. People who choose to share their bone marrow/stem cells with others give a gift of self and selflessness. My thoughts and prayers of thankfullness go to each and every one! Happy Thanksgiving to all. Cathy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert